“I'm a music teacher and I made this for a teachers' breakfast. It was heartily received! The nutmeg adds a rich homey flavor.” Rochelle Felsburg - Fredericksburg, Virginia
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and extract if desired. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Nutmeg Syrup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p66
Reviews for Nutmeg Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review