- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 14 pieces. Shape each portion into a 12-in. x 1/2-in.-thick rope. Cut ropes into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and extracts; beat until blended. Beat in enough cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Frost cookies. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Nutmeg Logs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p55
Reviews for Nutmeg Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review