Nutmeg Meltaways Recipe
My family and friends have enjoyed these melt-in-your mouth cookies since I first began making them years ago. I love to bake and try to keep the cookie jar filled. For the holidays, the dusting of nutmeg is a tasty touch. --Judy Burdette Kettering, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC