My family and friends have enjoyed these melt-in-your mouth cookies since I first began making them years ago. I love to bake and try to keep the cookie jar filled. For the holidays, the dusting of nutmeg is a tasty touch. --Judy Burdette Kettering, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Nutmeg Meltaways in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p39
Reviews for Nutmeg Meltaways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review