- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Nutmeg Meltaways
Sort By :
"Used to love this recipe. Going to try to lake it gluten free and dairy free... Wish me luck!"
"A favorite Christmas cookie. Love nutmeg!"
"made these cookies for the first time for my Christmas cookie plate they were the first ones gone everyone loved them. I make them alot."
"took these to work and got a lot of compliments. Everyone liked them."
"These were ok but not really worth the work in my opinion. The cookies took a lot longer than the 18-20 minutes to cook and I got less than 3 dozen even though the recipe states it makes 5 dozen."