Nutmeg Logs Recipe
The crispy-tender texture and mildly spicy flavor of these cookies will tempt all ages. My whole family enjoys them.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. On a sugared surface, shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-to 2-1/2-in. pieces.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 cookies (calculated without additional sugar) equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC