The crispy-tender texture and mildly spicy flavor of these cookies will tempt all ages. My whole family enjoys them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a sugared surface, shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-to 2-1/2-in. pieces.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Nutmeg Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p45
Reviews for Nutmeg Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review