Nutmeg Brussels Sprouts
Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho provides this lightly spiced side dish with only a handful of ingredients for maximum ease. Gladys writes, “The trick with brussels sprouts is, don't overcook them!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place brussels sprouts and salt in a large saucepan; cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9
- minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and return to the pan. Add nutmeg and butter; saute for 2-3
- minutes or until flavors are blended. Yield: 4 servings.