Nutmeg Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine nutmeg and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 244 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Nutmeg Blueberry Muffins
"Made these once before and even my picky kids were asking for more! However this time I took a chance and greased the pan instead of using muffin liners, but they fell apart coming out of the pan even after waiting, and trying again, and waiting, and trying again..."
"Light, tasty and a hit with my picky husband."
"Best blueberry muffins I've ever made or eaten. Definitely a keeper!"
"This is my go to blueberry muffin recipe. The only change I make is I use buttermilk instead of whole milk. The family always raves about them!"
"These were so good. I love the taste of the nutmeg right up front. The recipe said to fill the cups 3/4 full but I had a lot of extra batter. I did not have a second muffin tin available and I was too impatient to wait for these to be done, so I went ahead and used the extra batter to fill them up completely. I expected them to overflow and run together, but instead they puffed up beautifully with big crowns. They looked like perfect big bakery cupcakes"
"These are pretty good. They are easy to make. I didn't need to use paper-lined cups, instead I greased the cups with flour spray and they came out just fine. They make a nice treat and are worth making!"
"These are the best muffins I've had in a long time!! Fabulous!"