These tender, easy-to-make muffins are loaded with juicy blueberries, and the crunchy topping has just the right hint of nutmeg flavor. We enjoy them warm with honey butter. —Colleen Belbey Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine nutmeg and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Nutmeg Blueberry Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p45
Reviews for Nutmeg Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review