- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Additional Nutella, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into nine squares. Place 1 teaspoon Nutella in center of each; sprinkle with orange peel. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold one corner over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange juice and orange peel; drizzle over pies. If desired, warm additional Nutella in a microwave and drizzle over tops. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nutella Hand Pies
"My family loves hand pies and these are so simple and easy to make. They taste amazig and look so much harder than they actually are."
"east quick and a real hit at my home. would make them again"
"Great recipe! They were a big hit tonight. I do recommend that you add a little more orange juice when you make the glaze, because 1/2 teaspoon isn't enough for mixing 1/3 cup of powder sugar. Just add a little bit of orange at a time until it's enough to mix it successfully. But besides that awesome recipe, it was super easy to make. :D"
"I made these a couple years ago for our Holiday Open House after seeing Melissa D on Food Network demonstrate it. One word: YUM. My family loves these. Super easy to do."