Nutcracker Bread Recipe
This tender loaf has a wonderful sugar and spice flavor. Holiday turkey, ham or velvety cream cheese and jelly sandwiches always taste better on slices of this bread. –Jacqueline McComas of Paoli, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a food processor, combine walnuts and brown sugar; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, milk and vinegar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to an 8-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove sides and bottom of pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Nutcracker Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p35
Reviews for Nutcracker Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- View All Healthy Cooking Recipes >