- For filling, beat egg whites in a bowl until foamy; gradually add
- sugar and beat well. Stir in nuts and butter; mix well.
- Punch dough down; divided into eight balls. Roll each into an 8-in.
- circle; brush with melted butter. Spread about 2/3 cup filling on
- each circle. Roll up tightly into loaves; seal ends. Place on
- greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50
- Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 8 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 242 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.