Nut Goody Bars
My mother passed this delicious recipe down to mewe both love to cook. One nice thing about it is that it makes so much you don't need to make a double batch!
72 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 jar (24 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple flavoring
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips with
- peanut butter over low heat. Spread half in a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. pan; chill until firm. Stir in peanuts into remaining
- melted mixture and set aside. Place sugar and vanilla or maple
- flavoring in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine
- butter, milk and pudding mix; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Add to bowl and beat until smooth; spread over chilled layer in pan.
- Chill until firm. Cover with reserved peanut/chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving. Cut into bars. Yield: 12 dozen.