My mother passed this delicious recipe down to me—we both love to cook. One nice thing about it is that it makes so much you don't need to make a double batch!
Recommended: 13 Allergy-Free Treats For Kids
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 jar (24 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple flavoring
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips with peanut butter over low heat. Spread half in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; chill until firm. Stir in peanuts into remaining melted mixture and set aside. Place sugar and vanilla or maple flavoring in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine butter, milk and pudding mix; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add to bowl and beat until smooth; spread over chilled layer in pan. Chill until firm. Cover with reserved peanut/chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into bars. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Nut Goody Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p23
Reviews for Nut Goody Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review