Some 17 years ago, when I was dating the man who is now my husband, his mother gave me this recipe for his favorite fudge. It's a tasty treat that's so simple to make.
117 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil with 1 tablespoon
- butter and set aside. Break German chocolate into 1-in. pieces;
- place in a bowl. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme; set
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and remaining butter to a
- boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour over
- chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is smooth and blended. Stir in
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Cut
- into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium,