Nut Fudge Recipe
Some 17 years ago, when I was dating the man who is now my husband, his mother gave me this recipe for his favorite fudge. It's a tasty treat that's so simple to make.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:117 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1. Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside. Break German chocolate into 1-in. pieces; place in a bowl. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is smooth and blended. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC