- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside. Break German chocolate into 1-in. pieces; place in a bowl. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is smooth and blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for Nut Fudge
"Made this for the first time this year. Very easy to make, but it is VERY sweet. I could only eat a small bite. Everyone at work loved it though."
"this is the same one i've used for years. now i add a pinch or two of salt and add a teaspoon or so of instant xpresso to the milk and sugar mix. yumm"
"This fudge is great. I cannot believe that some of the reviews said it was too sweet. Don't they know fudge is supposed to be very sweet .This recipe is excellent. If they do not want sweet they need to not make fudge."
"easy but it was so sweet that even my sgr. addicted hubby didn't eat much!"
"I made this recipe as written because of it's high rating. I had to throw it away because it was extremely sweet."