Nut Fruit Bark Recipe
Here's a sophisticated version of fruit bark. Dark chocolate turns into a rich mocha flavor with the espresso powder. If you're a fan of sweet-salty tidbits make sure to use the sea salt.—Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 1 pound dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in espresso powder and half of the cherries and nuts. Spread into prepared pan; top with remaining cherries and nuts (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with salt if desired. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce (calculated without salt): 147 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Nut Fruit Bark
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC