Here's a sophisticated version of fruit bark. Dark chocolate turns into a rich mocha flavor with the espresso powder. If you're a fan of sweet-salty tidbits make sure to use the sea salt.—Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 1 pound dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in espresso powder and half of the cherries and nuts. Spread into prepared pan; top with remaining cherries and nuts (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with salt if desired. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Nut Fruit Bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p145
Reviews for Nut Fruit Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review