Nut-Filled Horns Recipe
"Simply the best" is what most folks say after sampling these rich, flaky cookies. It's a thrill to share them with friends and family during the holidays.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients (mixture will be thick). Divide dough into fourths (dough will be sticky). On a well-sugared surface, roll out each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares. Place about 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each square. Fold over two opposite corners; seal tightly.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Nut-Filled Horns in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p106
Reviews for Nut-Filled Horns(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >