Nut-Crusted Fried Fish
The nutty taste of this simple coating complements flaky fish fillets quite nicely. Complete the meal with parsley new potatoes and corn on the cob in season. Or, for a faster finish, serve with frozen French fries and mixed vegetables.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound fish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans or pistachios,
- salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the milk in
- another bowl. Cut fish fillets into serving-size pieces if
- necessary. Dredge fish in flour, dip in milk, then coat with the
- crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 451 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven