Nut-Crusted Fried Fish Recipe
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound fish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans or pistachios, salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the milk in another bowl. Cut fish fillets into serving-size pieces if necessary. Dredge fish in flour, dip in milk, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 451 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.