Nut-Crusted Fried Fish Recipe
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound fish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans or pistachios, salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the milk in another bowl. Cut fish fillets into serving-size pieces if necessary. Dredge fish in flour, dip in milk, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 451 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Nut-Crusted Fried Fish
"This was pretty tasty and definitely an easy weeknight meal."
"What a wonderful way to cook fish! I used orange roughy. My daughter is not fond of nuts, but thought this was wonderful."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.