Nut-Crusted Fried Fish Recipe
The nutty taste of this simple coating complements flaky fish fillets quite nicely. Complete the meal with parsley new potatoes and corn on the cob in season. Or, for a faster finish, serve with frozen French fries and mixed vegetables.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound fish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans or pistachios, salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the milk in another bowl. Cut fish fillets into serving-size pieces if necessary. Dredge fish in flour, dip in milk, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Nut-Crusted Fried Fish in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nut-Crusted Fried Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"What a wonderful way to cook fish! I used orange roughy. My daughter is not fond of nuts, but thought this was wonderful."