Nut Cookies Recipe
The rich, nutty flavor of these cookies pairs well with tea, coffee and milk. One batch never lasts long around our house!
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; flatten cookies with glass.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC