- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; flatten cookies with glass.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Sandies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p204
Reviews for Nut Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review