Nut-Coated Ice Cream
Instead of serving ordinary ice cream, dish out these nutty treats. If you have time, make them in advance and freeze until ready to serve.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 7 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- Break four cookies in half; set aside. Crush the remaining cookies
- and place in a small bowl; add the walnuts and brown sugar. Drop ice
- cream by 1/2 cupfuls into walnut mixture; roll into four balls.
- Place in serving bowls; garnish with halved cookies. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 312 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.