Nut 'n' Fruit Granola Recipe
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- MIlk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, orange juice, oil, cinnamon and salt; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring 3-4 times. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place oat mixture in a large bowl. Stir in the dried fruit, raisins and cranberries. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Nut 'n' Fruit Granola in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p37
Reviews for Nut 'n' Fruit Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review