Nuggets with Dill Sauce
A creamy sauce, seasoned with dill weed and relish, enhances these fun-to-eat fried chicken bites. Carol Crooks of Jonesboro, Georgia shared the recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds and salt.
- Combine egg and water; stir into dry ingredients just until
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Dip chicken
- into batter. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels;
- keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken
- nuggets. Yield: 2 dozen.