A creamy sauce, seasoned with dill weed and relish, enhances these fun-to-eat fried chicken bites. Carol Crooks of Jonesboro, Georgia shared the recipe.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds and salt. Combine egg and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Dip chicken into batter. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken nuggets. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Nuggets with Dill Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 19
Reviews for Nuggets with Dill Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review