- 6 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon
- 16 ounces Season’s Choice Extra Fine Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 15-1/4 ounces Happy Harvest Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Burman's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chef’s Cupboard French Fried Onions*
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 6 slices of bacon until crispy, about 12 minutes and drain. Chop coarsely and reserve.
- Cook green beans in a microwave-safe container with 2 tablespoons of water for 6 minutes. Drain and chop green beans in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except onions, mix thoroughly.
- Coat a 9x12-inch pan with cooking spray; add the mixture, top with the onions.
- Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Not the Classic Green Bean Casserole
Sort By :
So much better than the "classic" version. Made it for a Thanksgiving gathering and the office Christmas party - no leftovers and rave reviews. Will definitely be making this again!
Great recipe! Was a hit with my family and will make it again.
Very good. Everyone really liked this recipe.
WHY would anyone give a one-star review UNTIL THE RECIPE IS TRIED? DUH to the extreme!
MAKE the recipe, TASTE the recipe results, then RATE the recipe! DUH... it's that simple!!! RATINGS ARE FOR OUTCOMES, not SOMEONE'S preconceived opinions based on nothing but chutzpah! This recipe is delicious... change it for lower fat if you wish... DO NOT PENALIZE a good recipe because of weight watching! Just alter or sub for an ingredient you do not like, make, & comment about the ACTUAL results... bear in mind CHANGES MADE might cause a foul up of the recipe. Better yet, just make this delicious recipe as it is! Eat and ENJOY... a smaller portion if necessary!