Not the Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe
A new take on a classic recipe. Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 6 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon
- 16 ounces Season’s Choice Extra Fine Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 15-1/4 ounces Happy Harvest Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Burman's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chef’s Cupboard French Fried Onions*
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Bake 6 slices of bacon until crispy, about 12 minutes and drain. Chop coarsely and reserve.
- 3. Cook green beans in a microwave-safe container with 2 tablespoons of water for 6 minutes. Drain and chop green beans in half.
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except onions, mix thoroughly.
- 5. Coat a 9x12-inch pan with cooking spray; add the mixture, top with the onions.
- 6. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC