- 6 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon
- 16 ounces Season’s Choice Extra Fine Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 15-1/4 ounces Happy Harvest Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Burman's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chef’s Cupboard French Fried Onions*
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 6 slices of bacon until crispy, about 12 minutes and drain. Chop coarsely and reserve.
- Cook green beans in a microwave-safe container with 2 tablespoons of water for 6 minutes. Drain and chop green beans in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except onions, mix thoroughly.
- Coat a 9x12-inch pan with cooking spray; add the mixture, top with the onions.
- Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Not the Classic Green Bean Casserole
Sort By :
"I make this each Thanksgiving and often through the year as well. A great change from the traditional green bean casserole."
"Made this yesterday for an early Thanksgiving celebration. Was easy to prepare ahead, and went into the oven while the turkey was resting. Was very popular with our guests. Even hubby (green beans not his favorite) ate 2 helpings. I made it exactly as directed, but next time will double the recipe!"
"So much better than the "classic" version. Made it for a Thanksgiving gathering and the office Christmas party - no leftovers and rave reviews. Will definitely be making this again!"
"Great recipe! Was a hit with my family and will make it again."
"Very good. Everyone really liked this recipe."