Not-Fried Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside 1/2 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; drizzle with remaining honey. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.