Not-Fried Ice Cream Cake
Our home economists created this ice cream cake to mimic the fabulous flavor of a popular dessert in many Mexican restaurants. It's a no-fuss treat that feeds a crowd. Plus, it's conveniently made ahead.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar, butter and
- cinnamon; set aside 1/2 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into a
- greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream over
- crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; drizzle with 2
- tablespoons honey. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Remove sides of
- pan; drizzle with remaining honey. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.