We created this ice cream cake to mimic the popular dessert in many Mexican restaurants without the deep frying. It’s a no-fuss treat that feeds a crowd. Plus, it’s conveniently made ahead. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside 1/2 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; drizzle with remaining honey. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Not-Fried Ice Cream Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p221
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Not-Fried Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review