- Sprinkle mixture with the garlic, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper.
- Add broth and wine if desired. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5
- hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Discard cloves and
- bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and
- browning sauce if desired until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover
- and cook on high until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix, milk and parsley. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls onto simmering liquid. Reduce heat to low; cover and
- cook for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into dumplings
- comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve with
- chicken and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 295 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.