Norwegian Parsley Potatoes
I love to use parsley in many dishes, and it suits the fresh taste of small red potatoes well. Even though they're easy to prepare, they look fancy and go great with baked ham. Eunice Stoen, Decorah, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly. With a sharp knife, remove one narrow strip of skin
- around the middle of each potato. In a large skillet, melt butter;
- add parsley and marjoram. Add the potatoes and stir gently until
- coated and heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 183 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.