- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Red and/or green colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and nuts; beat just until moistened. Cover and chill 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Norwegian Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p44
Reviews for Norwegian Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 13, 2013
I was very disappointed with this recipe. Too much butter and no need to grease the cookie sheet. They spread way too far; joining together, and left fingers way too messy with the excess butter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >