My best friend, Amber, taught me how to make these cookies. They are a great mash up of a sugar and chocolate chip cookie. A pizza cutter is the best tool for cutting into slices after baking.—Bonnnie Brien, Surprise, Arizona
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 15-in. rope. Place two ropes 4 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten each with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle about 2 teaspoons mixture over each rectangle. Repeat with remaining ropes.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes; immediately cut each rectangle into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p40
Reviews forNorwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review