- rope. Place three ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch
- ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans
- to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 164 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.