Norwegian Apple Cake
Lucia Johnson of Massena, New York bakes this nutty apple cake that's pleasantly topped with a simple cinnamon-sugar mixture. It's sweetly priced at just 19¢ a slice. "Serve it with a dollop of whipped topping," she suggests.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs
- and vanilla; mix well. Stir in apple and walnuts. Spread into an
- ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 175 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.