- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in apple and walnuts. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Norwegian Apple Cake
"I loved this Apple cake! I had all the ingredients on hand, simple to make and we loved the cinnamon sugar on top it formed almost a sweet crust on top. This is not overly sweet and would be great in the morning with a cup of coffee or served warm for dessert with some I vanilla ice cream. I will be making this again for sure!! Excellent!!"
"Great cake! Very moiste. Perfect alone or topped with ice cream. Followed directions exactly, I did chop the apple very finely. The cinnamon-sugar gives the top a nice little crunch. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that use fresh ingredients and can be assembled quickly!"
"I just made this according to the recipe and I love it. This is a keeper for me-can't wait to share it with family and friends. Its very easy to make which is a plus."
"This is a favorite & easy recipe that I make often. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it someplace. I put it in a 8 x 8 pan or double the recipe & put it into a 9 x 13. One big change is that I GREASE the pan. Sure makes getting out of the pan much easier."
"We brought this to our homeschooling's World Fair and it was a hit. Very easy to make!"
"They are both stirred in (after the eggs and vanilla).Recipe update coming soon... thanks for pointing that out.Erik
"Yeah, where do the apples and walnuts come into play??"
"Your directions don't mention adding the apples and nuts so do you add them at the same time as the eggs and vanilla?"