- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in apple and walnuts. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Norwegian Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Great cake! Very moiste. Perfect alone or topped with ice cream. Followed directions exactly, I did chop the apple very finely. The cinnamon-sugar gives the top a nice little crunch. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that use fresh ingredients and can be assembled quickly!"
"I just made this according to the recipe and I love it. This is a keeper for me-can't wait to share it with family and friends. Its very easy to make which is a plus."
"This is a favorite & easy recipe that I make often. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it someplace. I put it in a 8 x 8 pan or double the recipe & put it into a 9 x 13. One big change is that I GREASE the pan. Sure makes getting out of the pan much easier."
"We brought this to our homeschooling's World Fair and it was a hit. Very easy to make!"
"They are both stirred in (after the eggs and vanilla).Recipe update coming soon... thanks for pointing that out.Erik