Lucia Johnson of Massena, New York bakes this nutty apple cake that's pleasantly topped with a simple cinnamon-sugar mixture. It's sweetly priced at just 19¢ a slice. "Serve it with a dollop of whipped topping," she suggests.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in apple and walnuts. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Norwegian Apple Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p35
Reviews for Norwegian Apple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review