Norwegian Apple Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in apple and walnuts. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Norwegian Apple Cake(6)
Sort By :
I just made this according to the recipe and I love it. This is a keeper for me-can't wait to share it with family and friends. Its very easy to make which is a plus.
This is a favorite & easy recipe that I make often. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I take it someplace. I put it in a 8 x 8 pan or double the recipe & put it into a 9 x 13. One big change is that I GREASE the pan. Sure makes getting out of the pan much easier.
We brought this to our homeschooling's World Fair and it was a hit. Very easy to make!
They are both stirred in (after the eggs and vanilla).
Recipe update coming soon... thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah, where do the apples and walnuts come into play??