Northwoods Wild Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1. Place rice, water and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook 45 minutes or until tender. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Simmer for 5 additional minutes. Drain any liquid. While rice is cooking, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion, celery and mushrooms until tender. Add rice, seasoned salt and pepper. Heat through. Just before serving, top with cashews and reserved bacon.
- 2. For a make-ahead dish, place cooked rice mixture in a 2-qt. casserole; top with cashews and bacon. Refrigerate until ready to reheat. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Northwoods Wild Rice
"I like to make this recipe a day ahead,then all I have to do is reheat.Everyone I've made this just loves it.The wild rice I use is a blend of many different rices, IT'S SO GOOD"