Northwoods Wild Rice Soup Recipe
My sister served this to me for the first time and it was so scrumptious I just had to have the recipe. The cream cheese gives the soup an ultra smooth texture.—Kim Caputo, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onion and carrots in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the milk, rice, chicken and cream cheese; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup equals 320 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC