Even family and friends who aren't fond of wild rice rave about these golden muffins flecked with colorful blueberries and cranberries. They're a terrific take-along treat.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir in dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the rice, blueberries and
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.