Northwoods Muffins Recipe
Even family and friends who aren't fond of wild rice rave about these golden muffins flecked with colorful blueberries and cranberries. They're a terrific take-along treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the rice, blueberries and cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC