- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the rice, blueberries and cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Northwoods Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p20
Reviews for Northwoods Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review