Northwest Cherry Salsa
Among the 50 fruit trees on our place are five cherry treesand I like to use every bit of fruit that doesn't get eaten right off of them! We enjoy salsa on a variety of dishes, especially leftovers (it really sparks them up) and eggs. I prefer this salsa most with turkey.
We have three boys8,6 and 4and a daughter who's 2. They keep me busy, since they're hungry all day!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve as a
- condiment with chicken, turkey or pork. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 22 calories, 0.5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.