- remaining extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon over cherry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in cups for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- water until blended. Add cherries and food coloring if desired.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Invert puffs onto dessert plates; top with warm
- cherry sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 608 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.