Nopales Sesame Salad Recipe
For a uniquely delicious salad, this recipe uses cactus as its main ingredient. It is so easy to toss together and will be on the table in no time at all.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 pound cactus pads or fresh or frozen green beans, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place cactus in a saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cactus and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 68 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Nopales Sesame Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC