- 1 pound cactus pads or fresh or frozen green beans, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place cactus in a saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cactus and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Nopales Sesame Salad in Birds & Blooms December/January 1998, p55
Reviews for Nopales Sesame Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review