- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta or egg noodles
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add pasta and broccoli. Cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the pasta, broccoli, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and garlic powder in butter and oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Noodles with Broccoli
"This was a good simple recipe. I used parm reggiano as well."
"This was delicious and easy. It's my husband's new favorite side!"
"Delicious Everbody liked it.It is on our regular menu now.Added can chicken &sliced carrots. WOW."
"Thank you so much! Great recipe. I didn't have asiago so used parm reggiano. I think cooking the broccoli and noodles in chicken broth makes the difference! I used a tiny bit of whipping cream at the end too."
"Delicious! I made this with the pork Chops Italiano from the same issue."
"I made this as a side for a party I attended and it was a HUGE hit. I was asked multiple times for the recipe and it was gone before I knew it. Also, I added sliced carrots to add a bit more color and flavor. I'm sure you could add any veggies when you add the broccoli."
"I didn't have asiago cheese, so I used shredded mozzarella. Fabulous!"
"Delicious! Although, I think you could omit the extra salt."