Noodles Florentine Recipe
With this recipe, you get noodles and a nutritious vegetable in one tasty casserole.—Marcia Orlando, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- 5 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions until tender.
- 2. In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Drain noodles. Add to spinach mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC